Monday, December 18, 2006

Our lifesaver, Debra Taylor

I am nominating Debra Taylor for the Food Lady/Dude/Peepul of the Yeer Award.

Our names are Grace, Audace, and Ruse.

When I, Grace, was about 10 months old, I gave birth to four beautiful kittens, but not everyone appreciated us. We were all taken to the animal shelter in Houston when my beautiful babies were four days old, but those meanies were going to destroy my babies because they were too young to feed themselves. I was there, and I was feeding them, but that didn't seem to matter. Anyway, Godmother Deb heard about us and raced to the animal shelter to get me and my babies. She and her family kept us in her house in Houston until we were old enough to find forever homes. After much advertising and blogging, all of which showed some gorgeous photos of me and my darlings, Deb found two someones who wanted us. She drove me and two of my babies (Pete and Foster, renamed Audace and Ruse) to Marilynn's house north of Houston. My two other babies (Brutus and Marigold) went to live with Rose and Emily in New Jersey; Godmother Deb made arrangements for them to fly there in style where Rose picked them up.

Godmother Deb is truly an angel and a lifesaver -- in fact, she saved all five of our lives and found the BEST forever homes for me and my darlings. All that last-minute (and later, planned) driving in the terrible Houston traffic was nothing short of heroic. She could see immediately how beautiful we all were (and are!), and that none of us should be "put to sleep" for silly reasons.

We all love you, Godmother Deb. We and our human servants bless you daily.

Link to my blog or Catster profile: http://graceandkittens.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger The Royals and Gentleman Beau said...

We are most pleased to see Our Most Gracious Godmother Deb nominated for this Honour. As Our Dear Mumm Grace explained, We were saved and nurtured by Godmother Deb's warm heart and hands, and those of her sweet daughters, Lady Tatum and Lady Sloane. I was the most problematic one for My Dear Godmother, as it was not certain I would survive, having been born soo small and weak. Godmother Deb, per Dr. Kathleen Smith's directions, hand-fed me a mix of highest quality, nutritious food, so that I may grow up strong. I am still quite petite, but can show my brother, HRH Prince Brutus a few wrestling moves as if I were HM Queen Emily's size! (I say that in the most respectful nature, Ma'am...)My brother and I hope one day to reunite with Momma Grace and Our Brothers, Audace and Ruse one day! This would not even be a possibility if Our Most Gracious Godmother Deb did not follow her generous heart to take us in.

Yours Most respectfully,

Princess Marigold

12/18/2006 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home