Sunday, December 17, 2006

My mama is MY floty

I am nominating my mama for the Food Lady/Dude/Peepul of the Yeer Award.

My name is Suzanne. My mama has given me many nicknames: 'Suze', 'baby', and our favorite--'babiest girl'. I may be 15-1/2, but I don't mind being my mama's baby. I've liked it from almost the minute I met her.

My mama adopted me when I was about 4 weeks old. I'd been born in a garbage dumpster just after my mama's mama died. I was a tiny orange kitty girl (only 5% of orange kitties are girls!). I joined her household with several other kitties. They were nice enough, but I was scared.

After I avoided mama and all the other kitties for a few days, mama came to find me. She picked me up and held me close. Right then and there, we knew that we were supposed to be together. I looked into her eyes and said 'mama?' She said 'Suzanne?' We recognized each other!

In public, I've never been much for being recognized. Mama used to get teased that I was invisible! I'd hide under the bed, usually up inside the box spring. Mama doesn't mind that I'm not all that social. She knows that I love her best.

In private, mama's all mine! We cuddle together under the covers. I love to get close, usually with my back against her chest. She rubs my tummy and I purr. We talk to each other, and I've heard almost every single one of mama's secrets. Mama says that she's learned more from me about abiding love than she has learned from any one else ever!

I've trained my mama pretty well. When it's time for bed, I find her in the living room, tell her that it's time to go to bed, and then head into the bedroom to wait for her. If she doesn't come right away, I go back out to get her. Sometimes I have to do this 3-4 times, but she always comes when I call her!

This last year, mama got sick and had to stay home from work every day for more than a month. I took care of her by staying with her so she wouldn't be lonely. She took care of me by always making a cuddle place under the covers. Even when she was tired and had trouble breathing (she had pneumonia), she made sure there was room for me.

One thing that mama does that I just love is that she shares her dinners with me. Usually, she gets one bite and I get one bite. If she forgets, I reach out my paw to remind her that it's my turn for a bite. I love chicken, and she sometimes licks off the seasoning before she gives it to me so it won't be too spicy. She shares sour cream, cheese, and ice cream. I like to lick those from her fingers.

I love to sit on my mama's lap when she plays on the computer. I sit between her wrists, and sometimes rest my head on her forearm. She types with just one hand so she doesn't disturb me.

I really do have the best mama in the world. It'd be nice if you thought so too. Even if you don't, though, we're glad to help Libby Marie, Brandi and Oreo.

Happy holidays!

Suzanne
(I really like your kyoot owtfits, Skeezix! I think you're awesome!)

www.tonis_got_webbed_feet.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sees why your mama is your floty! What a nice and grate mama! Lucky you, Suzanne :)
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!

12/18/2006 05:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne ... That's a beautiful story and you're furry lucky to have such a wonderful kitty-mama. We love her furry much, too.
DaisyMae Maus

12/18/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd like to use our extra vote to vote for DaisyMaeMaus's floty, Jessica!

12/19/2006 08:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home