Monday, December 04, 2006

I nominate my VET (I know, but he's really great!)

I am nominating Dr. Driben for the Food Peepul of the Yeer Award.

My name is Latte the Meezer.

I started to write a tale of devotion for my Meowmy but realized that she knows I love her and I’ll leave it to Kaze who would probably pluck all of her whiskers out if Meowmy asked her to. Then I realized that there is someone else very special to me that I should honor. There is a whole bunch of people who this is devoted to but mostly Dr. Driben. I know he’s a VET and I’m not supposed to like him but I do because he’s saved my life twice.

I knew I liked him when he understood my meezer yowls when I was itty-bitty. He likes meezers a lot and I know I was too cute to resist. Every exam I’ve ever had he’s started with kisses on my meezer fur. I let him, I know its not dignified but he seems to like it. He always warms up my vaccines in his giant hands and is so careful to give me the smallest needle so I won’t hurt too badly. He got rid of my ear mites when my ears where itchy. He gave me my hoo-ha-ectomy but I’m not too mad about that.

Then one day I started to limp. I went into the office but he wasn’t there. It was OK; the other VET I saw was very thorough and concerned about my leg. Unfortunately the x-ray’s were hard to read and he thought I was fine, just a sprain. Two days later Meowmy called and said I hadn’t improved at all. Dr. Driben called her back right away stating that he was very concerned about the x-ray and he needed me to come in right away. He gave me extra x-rays and showed them to us on his laptop. My femur was all funky and it was very perplexing. He ordered up some anti-fungal meds but wasn’t so sure that was the problem. That night I was taken to the ER. He spent a long time on the phone with Meowmy giving her detailed directions and talking to her to make her calm. I had lots of emergency visits with the other vets for my bone biopsy and suture picking skills. He finally got to replace all of my sutures when I ripped a nice hole in my leg. Dr. Driben found the right meds to fix me all up and I got all better!

Just as my leg was fixed my head started to tilt. The world was a little crooked and I was pretty dizzy all of the time. I couldn’t walk a straight line. I went back to another vet and he thought I might need an MRI. I didn’t want one of those. I got some meds and went back in a few days to see Dr. Driben. He was very gentle with me but made me do some weird neurological tests. He even danced with me on a small circle! Everyone thought that was hilarious. I wasn’t amused and gave them the meezer stare. He didn’t want to make me do the MRI (I hear they are loud and NOT fun) so he gave me some icky meds and then I got better again.

Dr. Driben seems to cure all of my problems. The whole hospital loves me and they were so excited to see me for my physical. And then again two days later when I limped because of my shot. Even though I’m “delicate” according to Meowmy, Dr. Ian always takes me very seriously and puts my interests first. Plus, he’s really tall. When he holds me I don’t want to fall!!!
I love you Dr. Ian Driben and EVERYONE at Burl-Moor-Driben Animal hospital!





Link to my blog: http://lattemeezer.blogspot.com/

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoo are insane. Vets are as bad as vishus deer.

12/04/2006 03:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, we don't fink you're insane Latte! We fink it's fantabulous you nommynated your V-E-T when he's been so good to you! We gives him the high five claws an 5 tail salute for savin you!
PURRRRRRRRRRRRS!

12/17/2006 12:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My second vote goes to Gemini, Georgia, and Chey's mom!!

12/19/2006 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank you Latte!

12/20/2006 01:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home