Monday, December 04, 2006

I nominate my daddy

I am nominating for the Food Lady/Dude/Peepul of the Yeer Award.

My name is Stevie and I am a one-eyed kitty who really loves his daddy. My brother and sister, Bitey and Lucy, have helped me write this because I'm a big baby and I don't know how to type. But the words are mine and Bitey and Lucy agree that our daddy is the bestest daddy EVER!

Example #1:
My daddy was never really a "cat" guy. He likes all animals, but Mommy really wanted to get two kitties after they got married. So when a lady at Daddy's work found a bunch of 3-week old kittens starving in an alley behind their office, he called Mommy and they picked Bitey and Lucy to come home with them. They helped Bitey and Lucy grow big and strong, by bottle feeding them and burping them and everything. So when Daddy heard about a little kitty who was blind in one eye who needed a home, he convinced Mommy that three kitties would be no different than two kiddies. She bought his lie and I was added to the family. So without Daddy, I might not be here today.

Example #2:
Daddy goes with Mommy and us to every one of our vet's appointments. How many daddies do that? Everyone knows that daddies aren't as tough as mommies when it comes to medical stuff, but Daddy goes along 'cause he wants to help keep us calm.

Example #3:
Daddy shares all of the kitty chores, including giving us yummy treats, food and cleaning out our litterbox. He has the morning shift and does it every single day.

Example #4:
Daddy gives up his spot on the bed for us. I sleep at the foot of the bed and keep my parents' toes in line. If the toes move, I bite them. It's an important job. But Lucy sleeps between Mommy and Daddy and kneads Mommy all night. While she does this, she pushes against Daddy and makes him move over so she has enough room to knead. So daddy ends up sleeping like an S on a small part of the bed so that Lucy and I have as much room as we need. Mommy would roll on us if she could, 'cause she doesn't pay attention to where we are when she's sleeping, but Daddy would never roll on us.

Example #5:
He gives Bitey RuffPetz (patent pending). What are RuffPetz? Every time Daddy is near a bed, chair, couch, etc., Bitey jumps up for some special petting techniques perfected by Daddy - RuffPetz - where Daddy pets Bitey really hard. Mommy can't do it - she tried and Bitey just walked away. [Bitey inserts here - yeah, they're awesome and Daddy is the only one who can do it - Mommy sucks at it.]

Example #6:
http://files.dogster.com/pix/cats/38/218938/218938_1165246965.jpg
Our Christmas photo. See the Santa Claws in the picture? He's not photoshopped into the picture like we are. He was really there because my daddy works with a guy who plays Santa for Christmas and needed some extra money. So Daddy hired him to come our house and dress up like Santa so we could have him in our Christmas card picture. Santa is blind, so Daddy picked him up, brought him over, paid him, fed him dinner and took him shopping before taking him home. At least, that's what they told me because I get scared of new people and was hiding in the basement.

Example #7
Daddy always wants to adopt more kitties but mommy won't let him. He wants to save the world and he should be honored for even thinking about it. If it were up to him, there would be 20+ kitties and doggies in our house. But Mommy is mean and makes him choose - another furball or a human kitten. So since he wants a human kitten, he just settles for giving money to animal charities and buying food and stuff for shelters.

Example #8
He protected us from the snake that wiggled into our sunroom and scared Mommy so bad that she was crying and shaking in the other room. We wanted to play with the wiggle toy but Daddy singlehandedly kept us back while he got it out. He didn't want us to get hurt by the snakey fangs.

I hope this all explains why my daddy is the bestest daddy in the world. He saved my siblings, he saved me and he would save all of the other animals and people in the world if he could. If he has a flaw, it's that he has friends who come to our house and scare me. But it's not his fault that he has friends, I guess.

Please choose my daddy as Food Dude of the Yeer. Thank you for your consideration.

Stevie Ndugu

Link to my blog or Catster profile: www.catster.com/?218938.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you gots a great Daddy, Stevie. Yay for Stevie's Daddy!
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

12/17/2006 12:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Daddy seems to have a lot of love in his heart!

12/23/2006 12:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home