Friday, December 01, 2006

We nominate our Mom :)

I am nominating my Mom for the Food Lady/Dude/Peepul of the Yeer Award.

My name/Our names are: Pippin and Turtle

It was a warm day in early September. I was hanging out in the driveway where I was born, playing with my brothers and sisters. Something was missing in my life, but I didn't know what it was. I laid down to go to sleep...when suddenly a big, HUGE, loud thing rolled towards me. I couldn't get out of the way in time...and it rolled right over my back end. I hurt so much, I just mewed and mewed and couldn't stop. The man I lived with put me in an empty box and closed it. I heard him open the door of that thing that rolled over me and put me inside of it. I couldn't breathe inside this dark box, and I didn't think I was going to make it wherever we were going. Finally he turned the thing off and picked up the box I was in, and started walking. Suddenly the box opened and when my eyes adjusted, I found myself looking up at who I knew was going to be my new Mom.
She took me in the back where there were lots of lights and a doctor that gave me a shot to make the hurt go away. The man I lived with left to get money so he could help me feel better, and in the meantime my new Mom and another nice lady took pictures of me that said my hip was dislocated and my pelvis was fractured. They put me in a cage with a warm blanket to wait for the man I lived with to come back, so he could decide what to do with me. We waited...and waited...
He never came.
I wasn't worried, though.
I knew I was going to a better place.
Home with Mom.
Over the next few days, Mom made me stand up and try to walk. Boy, it hurt at first, but I just wanted to make her happy so she'd love me. She told me it was important to try so I could walk again. Finally, with lots of time and struggles, I walked a few steps on my own! The next couple of days I walked more and more until I was barely limping! New-Mom cried. She told me how much she loved me and how proud she was. After I'd been living in that cage for ten days, suddenly my Mom got me out and poked me in the neck to get some of my blood. It hurt too, but I just purred because I knew she loved me and wanted me to be okay. She did some tests on me that said I was perfectly healthy, and the next thing I knew, we were walking out the door.
We arrived at Mom's house, my new house, and I was just amazed. This was all MINE? Mom laughed at the way I rubbed everything, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming!
Since then, Mom has been loving me. More than I was ever loved at that man's house. I get toys whenever I want them, and the best food I could have, and even though I don't like it, she takes me to the cat-doctor to make sure I'm healthy.
I don't know what I did to deserve the life that I have, but I don't complain and I sure am grateful and I love my Mom for everything she does.

(Except that she snores. And sometimes she leaves her dirty laundry in my room. Oh, and she brought Turtle home.(Turtle: I'm gonna barf in Mom's bed tonight, Pippin, and blame it on you.) Let me finish! I guess it's okay that she brought him home because he was lonely like I was.)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww what a great story! Yall are furry lucky to have such a Sooper Mom!!! Yay!

12/17/2006 12:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home