Monday, December 04, 2006

I nominate the Lap Lady!!

I am nominating the Lap Lady for the Food Lady of the Yeer Award.
(aka The Woman and Mewomy)

My name is Kaze the Cat.

I’ve never had a hard life, I’ve lived a very sheltered happy life and I know I’m blessed for that. I came from a happy breeder home into my loving house. I never had to live outside in the cold, in fact I HATE the Out of Doors! So I can’t tell you a story about how the Lap Lady rescued me or how she helped me through a serious health issue. I can just tell you about how she makes me feel special and loved forever.

She makes me purr when I think of her and I always want to snuggle whenever she is near. She always listens to my meows and figures out if I am hungry, want some love, or which toy I am specifically asking for. Sometimes I forget she doesn’t actually speak cat and I have long conversations with her until I get what I want. Eventually she always gives me what I want even if she shouldn’t “give in”. I know I’m spoiled but what cat doesn’t want to be spoiled?

The Lap Lady will play fetch with me for as long as I want and will tirelessly fish out my sparkle balls (and trash “toys”) from under the bookshelf. She plays with the wand toy until she can tell I need a break. She brings home fun toys even though the Tall Man says “No more toys!!”She knows just which stinky goodness to give me and she knows I won’t touch another kind. She keeps my water bowl filled with cool clean water and she has always given me the same dry food I’ve always had since I was weaned from my mother cat.

The Lap Lady knows she has to lie on her left side at night so I can sleep under the covers nestled in her arms. She always supports Latte’s weight when he lies on top of my head making sure I’ve got plenty of room. She looses at least an hour of sleep every night when I wake her up purring.

When we watch TV she knows her lap should be available to me so she can pet me and scratch me and massage my ears and my body. She knows the places where I want to be kissed and loved on. She understands my important routines and doesn’t break them, morning rituals are always the same and I love structure!

She never gets mad (well not really anyway) when I knock something over or steal a fun morsel of trash as a toy. She always lets me climb her so I can sit on her shoulder and look around even when my claws are extra long. She doesn’t get mad at me even though I made every kitty in the house sick with my virus. Oh yeah, she did fix me when I was sick and all infected and such. She took me to the VETs and made me feel so safe that I purr when I’m there because I’m so happy to see everyone. She has never ever left me alone when I’m scared.
The Lap Lady is really my person. I know the other kitties all love her too but I feel so connected to her and I am always the first to get a “front hug” when she comes home from work. I think she deserves to win because she makes every day special in some way, every day is new and wonderful and it just makes me smile.


Link to my blog: http://kazethecat.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww that's a great nommynashun, Kaze! You gots a sooper Lap Lady :)(Efun if she don't reely speek cat, that's just cuz she was borned human.)
Yay for Kaze's Lap Lady!
Purrrrrrrrrrs!

12/17/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sure does sound like a good Food Lady, Kaze! It's great how she plays with you a lot and has learned your rituals so well!

12/17/2006 09:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My second vote goes to Dragonheart's Dad!

12/19/2006 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home