Monday, December 11, 2006

Jake's Dad for Food Dude of the Year


Before Mom adopted me as an 8-week old kitten, it was an all-female household: Mom, big sister Precious, and Bathsheba. Mom needed a “little man” around the house, so she adopted me. But what’s a little man to do when he has no role model? Well, Mom took care of that by bringing Dad into the household when I was five months old. Dad wasn’t a great fan of cats at first, but we became buds in short order. He admired my kitten athleticism and could not resist my soft green eyes, winsome purr, and affectionate charm.

No longer was I left alone with the other cats for hours on end when Mom was at work. Dad worked from home so he was there to be my proper servant and cater to my needs. He’s great at letting me in and letting me out and letting me in and letting me out over and over all day long. The two of us love to hang out together on the deck. We watch the birds, get annoyed by the squirrels, or just sit quietly and meditate.

Dad never does awful things to me, like take me to the vet, apply flea repellent medication to my neck, or shove pills down my throat. Those distasteful chores are for mean old Mom. (Um, just kidding, Mom.) Dad only does fun stuff with me. We play, hang out, or just nap together. Dad has a special whistle sound that he uses for me when he needs me to come right away. He only uses it in an emergency, like when food is involved. I always heed his call and come running as fast as I can. I’m never disappointed.

Dad doesn’t smother me with kisses. He treats me like the cool dude that I am. He pets my head and scritches me in the right spots. He makes sure I get fed at my regular time when Mom has to work late or go on trips (and he always gives me extra). He makes warm fires in the fireplace for me in the wintertime. He helps me keep the raccoons off my deck.

If for no other reason than his great long legs that are awesome for napping, I must nominate Dad for “Food Dude of the Year.”

Link to my blog: http://jakeandbathsheba.blogspot.com.

~Jake

4 Comments:

Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

This sownds just like Mr Tasty Face! Yer lukkey!

12/14/2006 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky Jake! I wish I had a grate Food Dude like that. I's surrounded by females. *sigh*
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Your bud Pepi

12/16/2006 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Wow, yur fud dude of the year sownds cul. Maybe I can come ovur and hang owt with yoo boyz sometime!!??!!

12/23/2006 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

It is SO HARD deciding how to cast my extra vote. I narrowed it down to another food dude since my dad is so important to me. I would vote for Mr. Tasty Face except that he's ineligible. It's incredible how many great guys there are out there - Bonnie Underfoot's Man, Icon Baxter Bentley's Tall Man, Anie and Beau Beau's Daddy Bean, OC and Carma's Papa, One-Eyed Steve's Dad, Merlin's Dad, Dazey May's Man in Green, and Chase's Awesome Man. But I'm going to pick Jeter Harris' Dad for all he did for those kitties in the parking lot and the love he gives to Jeter.

Everyone has a wonderful story and everyone is special. Merry Christmas to all!

~Jake

12/24/2006 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home