Monday, December 11, 2006

Frosty the stinky kitty nominates her mum!

I am nominating my Mum for Food Lady of the Yeer Award.

My name is Frost, and there is also Cleo, the Bear, and Sabine in my family.

This is a picture of me after a bath!

My mum saved my life, and the lives of all us kitties living here. Cleo walked right into mum's apartment all pregnant one day when mum was in college, and mum took her in and found homes for all the babies. She had to drive the four-day old kittens and Cleo home for winter break --- she was a nervous wreck and kept the heat blasting the whole time! Then she heard about the Bear and his bestest friend in the whole wide world, Aslan, who were stuck living in a basement because their family was too allergic to them. The family was on the verge of sending them to the Big Sleep so mum didn't think twice before she took them in. She was so sad when Aslan died of cancer just 8 months later. Then there's me! She read about me on the local Freecycle list. All she knew was that I had a problem with my lower jaw and that I was also facing the Big Sleep. She thought about it for a couple hours and then committed her life to me, literally. Everyone she knows thinks she's a little crazy for taking me on, but she LOVES me to pieces. I am the stinkiest kitty ever! When she got me, I was so dirty that she didn't see the fleas I was infested with until she gave me a bath! She bathes me at least 2 times a week, and hasta wash my face with a wet towel after every meal. I try to help out and clean myself, but I really just make everything worse. I also can only eat canned food and I make a super mess out of it, but she just cleans up the kitchen and doesn't complain. Best of all, I'm a HAPPY kitten! I love my life now. When mum first got me, I was so skinny that I just slept all the time. Now I'm healthy and I love to run around like crazy, especially if I have the plastic strip from the milk jug to play with! And every night I curl up next to mum and purr away to tell her how much I love her for saving my life.
After me came Sabine, who is part feral and was living her whole life outside, having lots of babies. Mum went and caught her and her four kittens and fostered them all this summer. She found great homes for the babies, and as soon as she did, Sabine walked outside (after being spayed, of course) and won't come back in. I think she just put up with living inside because she knew it was good for her and her babies. Luckily, we live on a small farm, and Sabine lives in the barn. Mum made her an insulated shelter for the winter, and feeds her there. Sabine lives with another feral cat, Red-cat, who mum trapped and had neutered this summer.
On top of all that, mum volunteers every week at our local animal shelter. She has done that for the last 3 years. She gets to pet kitties, and brush them, and trim their nails, and play with them, plus cleaning litter boxes and other stinky stuff. She helps people find the right kitty-cat! She loves her work there so much that she just applied to veterinary school! She wants to work in shelter/emergency medicine and do research on stress in animals in shelters.
This is really long, I'm sorry. But I want to let everycat know how great I think our mum is! She has the biggest heart and all of us love her sooo much!



My Catster page is here http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?i=225720&j=t

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you's got a GRATE Mommy, Frosty! We looked at your Catster profile too, and you shure turned out to be a purrty kitty wif gorgemous eyes. Your Mommy deffinately deserves an award!
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRS!

12/16/2006 11:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your mum, Frosty! I'm so glad you're happy now!

12/23/2006 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow, yoo have the gratest mom EVER!

12/25/2006 03:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home